Frequently Asked Questions
Order & Shipping
How do I order an item?
- Simply contact Natsukashii by email: email@example.com, preferably in Dutch or English. Don’t forget to mention the product code in your email.
- I will answer your email within 24 hours, and inform you about the total costs for the requested item(s) + shipping.
- Once I have received your billing- and shipping address, you will receive an invoice and payment request.
- As soon as the payment has been made, the product will be carefully packed and shipped within 2 days to the shipping address provided. So keep in mind that it will not arrive the next day after your first email.
Can I order multiple items?
Yes of course, you can either send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the general form on the contact page. Do not forget to mention the product code of the item(s) you are interested in. You will receive an answer by email from Natsukashii within 24 hours. You can send your request in English or Dutch.
Which information does Natsukashii need from me to order an item?
Natsukashii would like to receive your:
billing address (if different from shipping address)
your full name
and phone number.
Your data will not be passed on to third parties or used for commercial purposes.
Which payment options does Natsukashii offer?
Natsukashii accepts payment via online bank transfer, Paypal (+ extra transaction costs) or credit card.
What are the costs for shipping within NL?
Packages will be shipped from the Netherlands by PostNL parcel service.
Shipping costs within the Netherlands:
– package up to 10KG: € 6,95
– small package (accessories): € 4,15
Does Natsukashii also ship outside the Netherlands?
Yes, shipping is possible within the European Union and beyond. Please note that import duties may be charged for countries outside the European Union. Please feel free to contact Natsukashii for shipping prices.
How long does it take for an order to be shipped?
As soon as payment has been received, your order will be shipped within 2 working days. Natsukashii will send you a Track & Trace barcode, to track the shipment online.
Will I receive a confirmation of payment and shipping?
You will receive a payment confirmation by email as soon as Natsukashii has received your payment. Once the order has been shipped you will receive a Track & Trace code.
Do the prices of the products include VAT?
Yes, all prices is in Euro and including VAT. Prices are excluding shipping costs.
Care & Sizing
KIMONO & ACCESSORIES
How do I know if a Kimono jacket (Haori) will fit me?
The model on the pictures is me, for a blazer or top I usually wear size S or M (European size 36 or 38). My length is 164 cm. The dimensions mentioned in the item descriptions are:
– shoulder width: measured from left to right shoulder
– back length: back measured from top of shoulder to bottom
– sleeve length: measured from top to bottom
To make sure the Kimono jacket will fit you, measure your shoulder width and the length from your shoulder to your hip (see image). This will give you a good impression of the fit. If you have any questions or doubts, feel free to contact Natsukashii, via email email@example.com
What should I pay attention to when wearing a Kimono?
- Make sure your hands are clean and dry before you touch a silk Kimono or Haori (Kimono jacket).
- Before you wear the Kimono/Haori let it hang to fresh air for at least one hour.
- Make sure you don’t wear greasy cream or make-up that make stains on the fabric.
- Do not expose the Kimono/Haori to rain, snow or direct sunlight. It will cause stains or discoloration.
- Be very careful when eating. If you reach out for something, lift the sleeve with the other hand.
- Carefully wrap each sleeve around your arms before putting on a (over)coat.
Can I clean or wash a Kimono?
- Most Kimono and Haori (Kimono jacket) are made of delicate silk fabric, some are made of viscose, cotton or polyester. Never wash a Kimono in the washing machine or by hand, this can cause the fabric to shrink or discolor. It is advicable to bring it to the dry cleaner, but make sure that the dry cleaning understands the delicasy of the material and decorations. Natsukashii cannot be held responsible for damage after you have washed it.
- You can iron your Kimono/Haori gently at lowest temperature, preferably with a thin, white piece of cloth between the iron and the fabric. Do not use steam, as this may cause stains.
- To freshen up your Kimono/Haori, the best thing is to air it out (in the shade) for a while or near an open window or door. You can also hang it near a heater, but not too close, hot air can make the silk fibres contract.
- Avoid any contact with water (so pay attention to the weather forecast). A chemical scent will appear when it comes in contact with water. These are certain chemicals that are used in the silk production process. This smell will disappear when you hang it to dry for a while.
- When you accidentally drop some food or drink on a Kimono/Haori do not try to scrape or scrub the dirt off. You will spread it and the damage gets worse.
- Please be careful on your vintage item, treat and wear it with tender love and care.
How do I store a Kimono?
- Before you store it let the Kimono or Haori (Kimono jacket) hang out to dry air for a few hours. However, do not leave on a hanger for days, otherwise it may fade or lose its shape.
- Fold the Kimono/Haori carefully, see how to fold on the image below.
- Leave a sachet of lavender or a piece of cedar wood on yourKimono/Haori when you store it, it will give it a fresh scent and it will keep away moths.
- If you store the kimono for a longer period of time, air it out once in a while. Hang it on a dry spot for a couple of hours, and protect from direct sunlight.
What should I pay attention to on a kokeshi doll?
- Display your kokeshi indoors, not in direct sunlight to prevent fading. Even if you avoid direct sunlight, the color may gradually fade depending on the amount of light and aging.
- Don’t display your kokeshi near heat sources or in humid places as it may cause discoloration and cracks.
- Don’t wash or wipe your kokeshi doll with water or place on a wet surface. This can cause the paint to peel off or fade, or crack the wood after it dries.
- Remove dust by gently wiping with a soft, dry cloth. It is not recommended to treat the kokeshi with a wax, as most waxes contain a solvent, which can cause discoloration.
General & Shop
Why does Natsukashii not have a webshop where I can click & pay directly?
The click-and-buy webshops of most fast-fashion brands don’t give you the opportunity to get advice or ask that specific question. Natsukashii is there for you to answer your questions before you place your order.
Natsukashii prefers slow fashion, by promoting a more ethical and sustainable way of living and conscious buying. All vintage items are of high quality and selected with a lot of love and attention.
Does Natsukashii also have a physical store?
Natsukashii is an online shop, I don’t have a physical store. Though I would like to meet you and give you the opportunity to see, buy or try on the various Natsukashii items. A few times a year Natsukashii participates in Japan related markets within the Netherlands. Keep an eye on my instagram account or this website for updates on the next market where we can meet.
I have a question or request, how can I contact Natsukashii?
Natsukashii is happy to answer your questions and request. Simply fill in the form on the contact page or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, don’t forget to mention the product code. Natsukashii will answer you by email within 24 hours. Clearly state your full name and email address when you use the form. You can contact me in English or Dutch.
Are the colors of the items exactly shown in the photos?
All product photos on this site are made with natural light and every effort has been made to display the products as true to color as possible. No color filters are used. The colors can best be judged on the detailed photos. Please note that any color settings on your screen may show the colors of the products slightly differently.
Can I return or exchange an item?
Unfortunately, it is not possible to return or exchange items bought at natsukashii.nl. Natsukashii is a small shop, run by one person, I pay a lot of attention into searching and selecting each item, as well as photographing and describing all Japanese vintage finds. I hope you will take the time to look at the photos and descriptions thoroughly, so you will choose and order a product with consideration. Natsukashii prefers a sustainable and personal way of shopping, slow-fashion instead of fast-fashion. Natsukashii has a no return policy.
If you are in a doubt or have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact Natsukashii by e-mail at email@example.com. I am happy to answer all your questions and help you out.
How does Natsukashii handle my privacy?
All your personal data will only be used for the correct handling of your order. Your data will never be provided to third parties.